Car Rental Companies:
- Office phone number: 800-559-2040 or 215-616-5370
- www.tropianotransportation.com - on line reservations
- Must make a reservation ahead of time for pick-up
- Prices are subject to change due to changing fuel costs
For you convenience please remember that Oaks is in the suburb therefore driving is the suggested mode of transportation as cabs can be expensive.
- Main Line Taxi Co. – 610.664.0444
- Norristown Yellow Cab – 610.272.1234
Tips to remember for the cab companies:
Train / Amtrak / SEPTA:
- Plan ahead; please allow plenty of time for the wait. It can be more than an hour at times.
- Share a ride, remember cabs are harder to get in the suburbs compared to the cities
- Remember to pay a per ride fee, not a per person fee.
Amtrak: 800.USA.RAIL. Service from NY City, Washington DC and other parts of the country to Philadelphia, arriving at 30th St Station. http://www.amtrak.com/. Amtrak's Metro liner Service puts Philadelphia's 30th Street Station just 1 hour and 10 minutes from New York City, and only 1 hour and 40 minutes from Washington, D.C.
From 30th Street Station, you can
- Rent a car- it's just a 30 minute drive.
- Take a shuttle into the Valley Forge area. Tropiano provides a shuttle service.
- Take the Septa Regional Rail to the Norristown Transportation Center (http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/nor.pdf).
From the Norristown Transportation Center, you can get on Septa Bus 99 which runs to Hall A at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center. See the schedule for Septa Bus 99: http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/pdf/099.pdf. That same bus will also service the King of Prussia Transportation center at the King of Prussia Mall as well as the Valley Forge Convention Center (and other points). See SEPTA contact information below:
SEPTA Paoli Regional High-Speed Line: Local trains from Philadelphia's Suburban and 30th St Stations to Paoli. 215.580.7800.
SEPTA Bus Routes: 215.580.7800 or 215.580.4000. Rt. 125: From Center City Philadelphia with stops at The Plaza, King of Prussia, the Radisson Hotel and Valley Forge Park (Park on weekdays only). Rt. 95: The King of Prussia Shopping Complex to Plymouth Meeting Mall. http://www.septa.org/